Monday, July 27, 2009

Searching for the family Pet

I myself am a dog owner & have been for 1 for just about all of my life, since childhood my family has always owned a dog, we couldn't have cats unfortunately due to the fact that I myself & a couple of other family members are sadly, allergic to them. Of course this doesn't mean that I don't like cats in fact the opposite is quite true, & it has always upset me greatly that I could not have one, but if I could have had 1 it would have to be the Siamese without a doubt. As for dogs I don't think breed really matters all that much, unless of course your looking for a specific kind, from my own personal experience I have found that, no matter the breed all dogs & cats for that matter, have their own unique "personalities" so to speak. Right now I have a female German Shepperd mix, or at least thats what the Vet has classified her as, her name is Sasha Belle & she was 1 in a litter of 13 females (how's that for no luck?) that we adopted from a shleter right here in NYC, & although the German Shepperd has a reputation for being a fiercely protective guard dog, with the second ranked worst bite, she has become somewhat of a neighborhood celebrity for her friendliness, & she's more excited to see who we're going to run into out there, than to do her buisness, which as her owner can be sorely frustrating when I'm on a time limit. All in all I wouldn't have it any other way, but if your interested in getting a dog or a cat this article had some pretty useful information.
read more